Hi. This may be a coincidence, but I installed the latest beta version yesterday (prior to this I was using 5.0). Since then I've had database corruption twice (I think it's corruption anyway). The errors in mysql.log is:
110208 11:22:29 [ERROR] Column count of mysql.db is wrong. Expected 22, found 15. The table is probably corrupted 110208 11:22:29 [ERROR] mysql.user has no `Event_priv` column at position 29 110208 11:22:29 [ERROR] Event Scheduler: An error occurred when initializing system tables. Disabling the Event Scheduler.
I'm using WAMP. When I hit the problem yesterday, I reinstalled WAMP and reverted to backups of my database. The same thing has happened again today.
As I say - it could well be a coincidence. I just thought I'd mention it just incase it isn't. I'm going to go back to using 5.0, and will let you know if it happens again or stops happening.
I've just had it happen again and I've only been using 5.0 since. So I guess it was just a coincidence, and there's something else afoot! Sorry for the false accusation! Not that it was actually an accusation
I think it was my graphics card messing up my machine. This morning I got to it, and it had rebooted and was showing a bootup message saying that it couldn't boot and was asking me if I wanted to recover from the recovery disk. After a bit of trial and error this morning with taking parts from different machines, I finally managed to boot up my system by changing the graphics card. It all seems to be working fine again now. Probably related to power usage, causing dodgy HDD/memory read/writes.
Yesterday, I downloaded and installed Toad for MySQL V 18.104.22.1686. I did NOT uninstall the 5.0 beta version first. Apparently the 6 install did not update the version. Today, Toad thinks I am still trying to use V 5, and directs me to the download page. Nuts.
I am afraid that if I completely uninstall V 5, I will lose all DB information that Toad has stored.