I have some issues with putting my database under source control. I have installed Toad for MySQL 6.0 and Collab.Net Subversion client 1.7.4-1.
I configured everything accordingly to manual (Toad_InstallGuide.pdf).
It seems, that everything is working. I can check-in, other users connected to the project as well. But when we try to get latest or update, it is not working. It takes the change.sql files, but does not execute them. While trying to update or take latest, this error appears:
Command GetFileRevision(0) gave unexpected error output
svn: E200009: Destination file 'C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpA25D.tmp' exists, and will not be overwritten unless forced
temp file name every time is different. I checked it manually - it does not exist in that folder.
I would really appreciate if someone can explain me, what did I do wrong or what I am missing.
Solved this one. I checked the server, there was older version of SVN. I installed exactly the same on my local machine and it started to work.
But there is always a 'but' - it was working only for updates of the tables. No adding or deleting tables detected by version control.
After testing I put my working database under source control again, following the same steps - now it does not work. I made changes, checked in - my colleague took the changes, updated. Then he changed and checked in. When I try to update, I always get this error upon trying to GetRevisionComments:
System.NullReferenceException Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Stack Trace: at Quest.Toad.VersionControl.Forms.ExamineHistoryDoe.UpdateEditorScript() at Quest.Toad.VersionControl.Forms.ExamineHistoryDoe.GetScript() at Quest.Toad.Doe.BaseDoeForm.Execute() at Quest.Toad.Doe.BaseDoeForm.buttonPanelControl_OKButtonClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) at Quest.Toad.Controls.ButtonPanelControl.DoOkButtonClicked(Object sender, EventArgs args) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at DevExpress.Utils.Controls.ControlBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
I hope that at least someone is using Toad with Source Control and knows whats the problem in my situation.