It initially appeared that 188.8.131.525 beta had sped up the return of focus to the editor after executing a query, but now I realize about half of my F9 presses leave the focus on the Results window, never to return to the editor (until I hit F6). Focus should always be returned to the editor after executing a query (though it really should never leave: see below).
As a matter of preference, is it possible to have an option whereby focus never leaves the editor? (That is, the option would require the user to manually press F6 to switch to the Results window). The variable and sometimes multi-second delay before the cursor is back in the editor is surprisingly disruptive, at least to me. IMHO this would be a massive improvement in user-interface and also bring Toad for MySQL in line with every other editor out there (SQLyog, NaviCat, even MySQL Workbench).
Incidentally, I don't mean to bang on about loss-of-focus issues on multiple threads! I realized I should have put it here in the beta bug discussion in the first place, and will continue here if there is anything to report.
EDIT: Oops, slightly premature celebrations. Focus can be lost from the editor if executing a query with an error in it, and oddly enough it takes a couple F6 presses to get the focus to stick to the editor again.
1. Hitting F9 on an erroneous query causes the focus to drop to the Results window, Messages tab.
2. Hit F6 to bring the focus back to the editor. Fix the query in the editor.
3. Hitting F9 to execute the corrected query will STILL result in focus dropping to the Results window.
4. Hit F6 again to bring focus back to the editor again.
5. From here on out (until the next query error) the focus remains in the editor as desired.
Message was edited by: aoeusnth (Nov 13, 2012, 9:10 am)